Matlab & Research Update

While I wouldn't say that I have dominated the beast that is Matlab, I can say that I have stumbled upon some great online resources:

Antonia Hamilton's lab for Social Cognition

- MATLAB Tutorial

- Matlab tutorial from University of Utah 

- Matlab tutorial c/o Kristian Sandberg at the University of Colorado at Boulder

- Fieldtrip toolbox, Donders Institute, with lots of samples and helpful tips to work through for this particular toolbox

I am also happy to say that my first Matlab code worked successfully!! :)

I modified a simple code from Keith Schneider (fMRI guru at York U) to serve as a localizer for the extrastriate body area, one of the ROIs in my ongoing PhD studies. Many thanks also to the generosity of Kalanit Grill-Spector and Kevin Weiner for sharing their code and stimuli files with us.  Can't wait to see if it validates the anatomical ROIs I created in Brain Voyager! Results to come soon! :)




p.