Phewwwwww.......

we come for your furs, but stay for your poutine
while i've been focused on & successfully crossing things off my to-do list, i finally have time for a new post! from earliest to most recent, i successfully presented my new analyses on our visuotactile illusion at the Canadian Physiological Society-CAPNet Meeting at Mont Gabriel, Quebec. the conference was rife with excellent talks, ranging from the best and brightest in the field, including Dr. Doug Munoz (Queens)Dr. Julio Trujillo-Martinez (McGill)- who called my talk "provocative" :) - and Dr. Bruce Cumming (Oxford) were among those to personally or supervise those who gave the most engaging talks. the setting was very relaxed and overall was a wonderful opportunity to network with very interesting and personable scientists from across Canada and around the world. the roadtrip crew (which consisted of members of the Hoffman and Henriquez labs at York) was solid, and everyone did a great job with their talks (despite the nerves and last-minute hustle). on the way back to toronto we even got to stop in old Montreal, which was a real treat for me as a novice Canadian traveller. and we all know that you can't go to Montreal without having a poutine. it was divine.


 the next stop on my Cross-Canada tour is friendly manitoba. i did not know cold until i met winnie, the peg that is. i'm here visiting my boyfriend who is a first year Med student at the UofManitoba. i made sure to pack only what was necessary, and can happily say i crossed my stats paper off my list!!!! i can finally understand and appreciate the difference between repeated measures and mixed model designs, and in case you care about the difference, and need any other statistical help, you should purchase the Bible: Discovering Statistics Using SPSS. andy field is a genius and makes stats not-so-scary and also fun to read about.

soon i will return home to toronto where i will sink my teeth into the final task of my neuroscience diploma requirements: a review paper on the underlying neural networks involved in multilingualism, which is a topic that has always fascinated me as a person that speaks 5 languages. that should be interesting, but for now i'll enjoy my time with raff and a shorter list. :)

-p.